Cornerstone Doctrinal Essentials
1. We believe that the 66 books of the Old & New Testament are inspired by God, and that they are inerrant and infallible in their original writings. The Bible is thus the supreme and final authority, sufficient for all matters of salvation and Christian living.
2. We believe in one living, perfect, and true God eternally existing in one divine essence, yet three equal persons: Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal son of God and that he was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the Virgin Mary. In his incarnation, he is fully God and fully man, without sin.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit inspired men to write the Scriptures, convicts the world of sin, and draws men to the truth of the Gospel. He aids the continuing life of the believer, by sealing, gifting, guiding, and progressively sanctifying.
5. We believe that man was created by God, in His own image and that all human life from conception through death is sacred. God has created each person as male or female and that a rejection of biological gender is a rejection of God’s image in a person. Man has sinned, resulting in both physical and spiritual death. All human beings inherit a sinful nature and are under divine judgment.
6. We believe that salvation is found only by God’s free grace through faith in the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Believers are regenerated, adopted, redeemed, and justified through Christ. Believers are kept by God eternally.
7. We believe that the local church is composed of immersed believers. This body is autonomous, though it should cooperate with other churches of similar beliefs. The ordinances of the Church are Believer’s Baptism and the Lord's Table.
8. We believe that there are two biblical offices for the church: elder (pastor/overseer) and deacon. The office of Elder is limited to men.
9. We believe that God will bring the world to its end. Jesus Christ will return personally to the earth; the dead will be raised; and Christ will judge all men. The unrighteous will be consigned to a literal, eternal Hell.
10. We believe that God has ordained marriage as the uniting of one man and one woman for a lifetime. This relationship alone provides the proper framework for sexual love.