Adult Life Groups
In responding to a question posed by Jesus, Peter said in John 6:68b, "Lord, to whom shall we go? you have the words of eternal life." As Cornerstone is strongly committed to the Word of God, we believe that studying it together in smaller contexts helps us greatly in our spiritual journeys. To this end, Cornerstone offers Life Groups, aimed at studying the Word of Life to help our daily lives. While we plan to launch additional groups in the fall, this summer we offer a life group for all ages:
Meeting in the Family Center
- Led by Dan R., Darry F., & Dave E.
- Studying "The Gospel Project" published by Lifeway
- Sunday Mornings at 9:15am
Men's Work Breakfasts
At Cornerstone Church, we seek to honor both men and women equally, while acknowledging the God-given distinctiveness of each gender. We have learned that men get to know other men while engaging in activity "side-by-side" rather than engaging in conversation "face-to-face." Thus, we offer an opportunity for men - A Work Breakfast - to get to know each other and to support the upkeep of our facility every other month. Our next work breakfast will occur on May 6.
One of the most important parts of the culture of Cornerstone is our support of missions around the world. In fact, in the last few years our church has moved from very negligible missions support to now giving approximately 10% of our income.
We currently support the following missions entities:
- Central Community Church - Our church currently supports this urban church-plant in Akron, Ohio through prayer, volunteer manpower, and monthly financial gifts. As Pastor Brandon Sexton, along with his wife Tammy, lead this congregation, we strive to do whatever is necessary to support them.
- The Summit Baptist Association - This an association of churches in the greater Akron, Ohio area that strategically supports church planting in the local region under the leadership of Co-Summit Association Directors, Martin Jones and Dr. Robert Beike. Our pastor currently serves on the leadership team of this association.
- The State Convention of Baptists in Ohio - This group is also an association of more than 700 churches throughout the State of Ohio who "work together promoting all endeavors they deem necessary to carry out Christ’s Great Commission." The major goal of this group is to strengthen churches to start churches in Ohio, seeking at least 1,000,000 believers in 2,020 congregations in Ohio by the end of 2020.
- The North American Missions Board - The North American Missions Board (NAMB) is a missions enterprise of more than 40,000 churches with nearly 16 million members. According to their webpage, this group "exists to work with churches, associations and state conventions in mobilizing a missional force to impact North America with the gospel of Jesus Christ through evangelism and church planting." Their major aim is entitled Send America.
- The International Missions Board - Like NAMB, the International Missions Board (IMB) is also supported by some 40,000 churches and 16 million members. Their goal is to "make disciples of all peoples in fulfillment of the Great Commission found in Matthew 28:18-20," recognizing that some 1.7 billion people have little or no access to the Gospel.
As a church we also provide regular support through prayer, ongoing volunteer participation, and regular monthly giving to a church plant in urban Akron, OH, Central Community Church.